Kickstart your morning with this deliciously fresh blueberry smoothie from BC Living. The days are heating up, but a blueberry-boosted breakfast will be sure to cool you down. Plus, it takes no time to whip up as you get ready to run out of the door!
1) 1 cup (150 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh or frozen
2) 1 cup (240 ml) light unsweetened coconut or almond milk
3) ¾ cup (175 ml) plain yogurt
4) ¼ cup (35 g) pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
5) 2 tsp (10 ml) maple syrup
6) 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh ginger, finely grated
7) ¼ tsp (pinch) ground turmeric (optional)
1) If using frozen fruit, allow to partially thaw or add water to thin out as desired.
2) Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
For a free In-Home Design Consult, e-mail us here.