Gone berry picking this summer and haven't quite used them up yet? Baking is a great way to mix in the last of your summer fruit, and makes for delicious snacks, breakfasts, and desserts! Wake up to this blueberry banana loaf with a cup of coffee to start your day with this recipe by our In-Home Interior Designer, Lori St. Germain!
Photo via Trial and Eater
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas - mashed
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts for added crunch
Photo via Eclectic Recipes
Preheat oven to 350, and grease the loaf pan.
1) Blend room temperature butter with sugar
2) Mix in eggs, one at a time
3) Mix in mashed bananas
4) Add vanilla extract
5) In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda)
6) Blend dry ingredients with wet ingredients
7) Fold in blueberries
8) Pour into greased loaf pan
9) Bake in 350 oven for 40-60 mins, checking periodically
Photo via Daily Garnish
Lori has been designing beautiful, finely detailed interiors for over a decade. Her calling card is designing “one of a kind” environments by transforming everyday design with the use of extraordinary patterns, textures and colours.