Football season is back in full swing! Expect your Sunday nights to be full of yelling, cheering, and some tears. Buffalo Cauliflower ‘Wings’ are the latest trend for waist and planet-friendly appetizers that appeal to a variety of audiences. The Pampered Vegan created a recipe for that’s sure to be a touchdown!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup corn meal or flour of choice
- 1/2 – 1 cup buffalo sauce (Suggested: Wing Time)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (for ranch dip)
- 1/8 cup + 2 Tbsp. almond or other dairy-free milk (for ranch dip)
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (for ranch dip)
- 1 – 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, to taste (for ranch dip)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (for ranch dip)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled (for ranch dip)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt (for ranch dip)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond milk, corn meal or flour, garlic powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk together until all clumps are gone.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the cornmeal mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine ingredients for vegan ranch dipping sauce in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- When cauliflower is done, remove from oven and place pieces into a large mixing bowl with desired amount of buffalo sauce. Toss gently until each piece is well covered.
- Serve with your home-made vegan ranch and celery sticks.