Tis’ the patio season and choosing outdoor furniture! Sprucing up that backyard and quite honestly making it like another cozy room in your home. For many despite the space you may have either small or big you can always find something to accommodate it. Maybe just a bistro, lounge chair or full set, with the today’s options they are literally endless!
I’m sharing some tips with you on how to choose and maybe help you make that final decision. At our home we are always going back and forth about what we like & what we want it’s always ongoing so we know the dilemmas many have when it comes to decorating their back yard space. In the end it should be something your family loves and enjoys…
10 Tips for Choosing Outdoor Furniture
- Try Before You Buy | Make sure you all take a seat before you buy any and try to imagine it in your backyard and your family using it. Just like indoor furniture!
- How To Clean | Finding a set that’s easy to clean and care for is a huge one especially when they live outside for seasons. Something that’s quick to wipe down keeps them newer for years to come.
- Colours | The best thing about outdoor furniture is all the colour selections you can choose from. Go with something that best suites you and your style. Something that fits into your backyard. You can choose something fun or stick to neutrals.
- Small Space Storage | If you do have a smaller backyard finding a set that also offers storages saves on space – La Z Boy has a great selection!
- Quality over Quantity | Thats a big motto over here. Make sure you’re buying something that will last you years to come.
- Weigh your options | Decide on what you may think you’ll use the set more for? Dining or lounging!
- Storing Inside | When you store your furniture on off seasons make sure you have the space inside.
- Measure Your Space | Maybe just take quick measurements of your area before buying and deciding.
- Accessorize | You can do a lot to spruce up your outdoor furniture with umbrellas, pillows, ottomans & outdoor mats!
- Choosing Materials | Whether it’s wood, plastic, wrought iron. Between weather conditions and what you’re looking for will best help you decide. The amount of care it may need depending on what it’s made of!
Good luck and happy shopping!
Loving Littles Blog is dedicated to the modern mom. Here I’ll share with you stories of life & style, beauty & DIY, and everything else in between for you and your littles. I’m a proud soon-to-be wife to my high school sweetheart Drew and a blessed mama to two littles Owen 7 & Ella who’s soon 2.
For a free In-Home Design Consult, e-mail us here.