Summertime equals party time! Planning out your backyard barbecues can be stressful, let us help by giving you an appetizer that will be a total crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves a tasty guacamole, and this one from Tieghan Gerard of Half Baked Harvest is simply to-die-for!
1) 3 large ripe avocados halved, seeded and peeled (they have to be ripe!)
2) 1 large or 2 small limes juiced
3) 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4) 1/2 a small onion diced
5) 1 leave large jalapeño seeded + chopped (some of the seeds in for a little heat)
6) 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
7) 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (or more to your liking)
8) pinch of salt and pepper
1) Add the avocado halves to a medium size mixing bowl.
2) Squeeze the lime juice over the avocados and toss well to coat.
3) Add the cumin.
4) Grab a fork and lightly mash the avocados.
5) Fold in the diced onion, chopped jalapeño, grape tomatoes, cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6) Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
7) Grab some chips and dig in!