Interior Design Tips For Small Spaces
The joy of moving into a new home; the excitement of a new place, like starting over on a fresh canvas. Last April we purchased our very first home and had this exquisite rush of excitement. Until moving day… Neither one of us had thought to measure our halls, doors and stairways to make room for our lovely, yet large, sofa set. It’s a common interior design problem with new homeowners nowadays. The spaces we’re buying just aren’t as big as they used to be and our furniture choices just haven’t caught up to that reality.
Photo Via IB Laursen
It’s refreshing knowing that La-z-Boy has got this problem covered.
The Urban Attitude Collection offers so many beautiful, smaller, modern pieces and decor trends that you can customize for your own living space, big or small! I’ve chosen a few of my favourite pieces and played with a few ideas on how to dress up a small living space. Find your local La-Z-Boy and discover all the possibilities when it comes to decorating your living space.
Dress up your small space in a big way:
1) Play around with your room’s layout using La-Z-Boy’s 3D Room Planner and get help setting up the perfect seating arrangement with their interior design tips experts.
2) Mix up the seating by adding poufs and ottomans for extra space without the clutter.
Photo Via Surya
3) Face your sofa toward the window or entryway for a more open feel! It’s a breath of fresh air facing a window and not a wall!
4) Install tall wall shelves to use up extra space that usually doesn’t get used.
Photo via Coco Lapine Design
5) Measure, measure and measure again any space you have with the furniture you’re selecting. Make sure it fits before you buy it and bring home!
6) Get creative with home décor accessories. Add in your favourite accent pillows, throws, baskets, wall art, décor pieces and florals! Play around with the different styles available to you and make your room a space you love.
About the Author
Keisha Boutilier is the creator of Loving Littles, a Lifestyle and Littles blog dedicated to the modern mom. Originally from Nova Scotia, and now nestled in the beautiful Fraser Valley, B.C, she spends her days taking in her children’s smallness, loving every minute of it & being a full time working, blogging mama!